Thursday, June 12, 2014

Shout out to the Quilt House & all you ladies at the Sewing and Quilting Convention!

I just wanted to tell you about a quilting and sewing convention that I went to last month here in my hometown. My mom scored me some tickets and so I went with her and it was hella fun. I saw an iron from Italy for 200 bucks that I would sell my left kidney for and I'd probably use for a change. I also attended the class tutorial where the teacher taught some sort of modified version of a Cathedral window quilt block. Lastly I wanna give a shout out to the Quilt House in Gardnerville Nevada. I bought all the fabrics below from them and the price was great, the variety in the packs they had was really nice, and the fabric was top quality (plus my mom even actually like some of them). I am going to have so much fun cutting and sewing it all up……. that sounds a little crazy. Plus with my purchase I got a free pocket sized Constitution! What!? What?!






What I learned by going to a sewing convention:

  • I have so (too?) much in common with middle age (by middle age I of course mean that they have been graced by time and wisdom). No for real everybody there with super great. 
  • Don't buy anything that you can get for free, sorry vendors
  • When you get the feeling you want to impulse buy on the state-of-the-art rotary cutter or iron, don't hold back just fucking Do It!
  • And go to your next/nearest convention. Support the vendors and the cause!






No comments:

Post a Comment