Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Intro to Dave, the Maverick Seamster!

Hi! Thanks for reading this. I have been sewing now for about a year and I’m totally, ridiculously hooked. I sew in my free time and the other time I should be doing something else.

I wouldn't say the inspiration for me sewing is my mom, but she’s definitely has an influence. My mom is the Oracle of sewing, she has taught me how to use a sewing machine. She has been an avid sewer since she was a teen. I would like to say that she's an inspiration but I was never really got onto sewing until I started doing it myself. I now consider her a Master - like a Guru who will guide me and teach me their ways. I am very different from my mother though, where is she is a highly trained expert, I am a maverick. I don't like ironing, so I rarely do it. Rarely do I pin, cut or sew a straight line. I have holes and tears from ripping seams in fits of fury. I don’t care if the tote bag I made you is lopsided or the quilt falls apart after two washes. Best part is that I have no problem sewing the way I want to sew. My mom is driven crazy by this, but so far every methodology I have apply to my masterpieces has turned out pretty freaking awesome – so I’m going with it.

I like learning sewing on my own and via blogs online that I find my Pinterest. That's the reason why I created this blog is I really did want to show the people whose tutorial blogs and videos what I'm making because I wouldn't know how to do it some of the stuff I've learned how to do if it wasn't for those bloggers putting in their time and effort making them. I hope that I am not criticized and that people don't take this too seriously. Anything I write just know that I'm sarcastic and cranky and should only be taken with a grain of salt. I always tell you like I mean it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment